The survey can be found via https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LANACrepssurvey
As the survey introduction states, our action campaign has helped see the back of Gove but the attacks on teachers and education continue. That's why LANAC is urging every NUT member to vote 'YES,YES' in the individual consultative ballot that closes on October 22nd.
We also hope school NUT groups will be meeting to discuss the campaign and to respond to the National Union's Reps Survey as well. However, LANAC thinks reps should have a chance to say more about what action they think is needed if we are to successfully defend our pay, pensions and working conditions - and children's learning conditions too. That's why we are circulating this additional survey.
The survey covers two main areas:
A) Clear Demands
The National Union's Reps Survey usefully asks reps to prioritise the issues that are most important to members. However, in our survey, LANAC are also asking reps to feedback on specific demands that the Union could be aiming to win. The questions cover the three key areas:1. WORKLOAD and STRESS
2. PAY and PERFORMANCE-PAY
B) Will two days of action be enough to win our demands?
NUT Conference instructed the Executive to consult "about a series of strikes through the autumn term and into 2015". However, the Union's consultative ballot asks for support for no more than two more days of strike between now and the General Election.
We hope NUT members will vote YES to that as a minimum. However, don't we need to tell Ministers that teachers are ready to do more if we are to win our demands? That's why the LANAC survey also asks the following questions:
4. Do you think two further days of strike action will be enough of a threat to win our demands?
5. Do you think NUT members in your school would be prepared to take MORE than two days of strike action between now and the General Election ?
6. If you answered YES to Q.5 which action calendar would you prefer the NUT to announce?
So, please discuss the campaign in your school, then:
* VOTE YES, YES in the individual consultative ballot
* Complete the NUT Reps' Survey via https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/66YV92W
* Complete this LANAC Reps' Survey too! via https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LANACrepssurvey